Alex: Go faster.
Ethan: No, go slower.
Alex: Go slower.
Ethan: No, go faster. Mom, go faster.
Mom: How about, since I'm driving, I go as fast as I want? How do you like them apples?
Ethan: They're SCRUMPTIOUS! Apples are scrumptious, mommy!
Ah, to be a kid again, lol. (Let me just point out, just in case you're not aware, I was not literally talking about apples, its just a phrase, that obviously my almost-6yr old doesn't get quite yet!)
Oh and I don't know what is up with Ethan and big words but man oh man, scrumptious and delectable are just two of them I have heard him use in a sentence in the last few days! This kid is somethin' else.
We also went to the natural food store and they had some samples of pretzels out and we each tried one, and walked down the aisle they keep them in. Ethan found the pretzels and read the bags, noticing the pretzels that looked like the one we tried, and said "Mommy, my tongue is burning. Look. Those pretzels are hot!" Well Newman's Own makes two different round pretzels, the regular and the hot, and trust me the ones we tried were not the hot ones. Ah, the power of suggestion. Plus I think he should stop reading everything, he's just too smart for his own good.
2 comments:
Lol! what's it with boys wanting the car to go faster? We have four lanes on the main road here and if anyone passes us landen goes nuts. it's hilarious!
Funny! I love kid conversations. I try to write some of them down for their baby books. I know one day they'll make fun of me for how I word things...yes, I'll be ready! lol
Post a Comment