Grr! It's not even a big deal, just this annoying thing that keeps happening. Two weeks ago on Saturday night, I told Jason I was going to go hang out with a friend, she had plans to go out and a sitter even. So I text messaged her and walked to her house, but she was sick, laryngitis and something else (can't remember what else) so we hung out for about an hour or 2. Last weekend we made plans again and Jason was ok with it, and she came to the boys party with her daughters, then felt so bad cause she kind of got cornered into babysitting her niece and nephew. I ended up still going over there for a few hours (2am actually! that's a first in a L O N G time!) and had an ok time but still no girl's night out like we planned. Then this past Thursday, my dear sweet hubby called his younger sister and asked her to babysit tonight (Saturday) so we could have a date night and maybe go to the comedy club. Perfect, right? No way! About 15 minutes or so before she came over, the tank on the toilet started leaking! So of course Jason had to fix that(ok that sounded sarcastic, but I truly am grateful he did and knew how). By the time he was done, I didn't even feel like doing anything, but just a nice quiet night at home. We did go across the street, the boys swam (while Jason and his dad fixed the toilet) and then we all visited for like an hour.
Oh well, maybe next weekend. We were supposed to go to Houghton Lake but plans changed due to no place to crash (even though I thought it was all figured out last week, but whatever...). And of course my sis-in-law will be with her mom at Houghton Lake, so hmm, soon I hope. It doesn't have to be anything expensive, or extravagant, just a few hours out without the boys for the first time in a while. My birthday was the last time and that was almost 3 months ago. Now mind you, I don't want or need to go out every weekend. I hope it doesn't seem like that. I love being home with the kids and spending time with them. But with Jason being gone all week from Sunday night till Friday night, it gets stressful around here with the boys. I love them, but wow, they feed off my stress! and by Friday, I am ready for an hour to myself, or at least a chance to "use the facilities" with the door shut and no one barging in to say "Mommy, Alex did A or B" or "But Mommy I just want to ask you something. Member when I...?"
Anywho, enough complaining from me. I just needed to vent and ask, why does this always seem to happen? the silly little things that keep us from doing something. Hmm, maybe to keep us safe? whether body or soul...
Oh and speaking of that, when we were putting the kids to bed, Jason surprised us by telling us he's going to Mass tomorrow with us!! So totally thrilled. I finally realized pestering him wasn't helping. When he's ready, in God's time, he'll go.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness, if I was alone w/ my boys as much as you are, I'd be CRYING for the break. Maybe that sounds bad or unloving, but it's not. Everyone needs a break. (esp. when it's so hot and humid!)
I'd be bummed, too.
I wish I had the flexibility to say "call me!" when other plans fall through. I'd love to go out w/ you and not have the boys w/ us. lol
Maybe some time soon. At least once before you move.
I'm sure the toilet was a real "drain" on you guys...get it? Har har har. So funny.
Hope your Sunday turned out better. :)
It is frustrating, isn't it!!!
Saturday night we actually went to a movie (first time in 2 years for me!). The boy next door babysat for us, but we put the kids to bed first and then the late showing was at 10:30 so we just went to the movie. Nothing was open after that so we came home and went to sleep.
On our anniversary, we were SUPPOSED to got out but my sis who was to babysit kinda flipped out, so we had to do the same thing. Wait until all seven kids were asleep. So we went to Denny's for an hour instead of dinner at a nice restaurant.
In SC, I had NO babysitters at all and we didn't go out alone together for two years!
It will work out sometime! Have you ever gone to a movie by yourself?
BTW - I have Courageous Virtue as well, and have wanted to do it as a Bible study. I see you have it on your sidebar... want to do a virtual Bible study?
Sharon - I already emailed you but yeah we are definitely going to do something sans kids, SOON!
Mama - it really is but hey. Sorry to hear your anniversary date got cut short so to speak. Thats awesome that you saw a movie on Saturday and that the neighbor babysat for you! Yeah we had the same problem in MD, I had one close friend. She would have done it but I always felt guilty for asking, she worked fulltime, single mom, was in college fulltime and sick ALL the time!
I have gone to a movie once by myself and it was recently. Definitely think I will do that again soon.
Oh and I would LOVE to do a virtual Bible studay. I've seriously been thinking about it for months trying to find someone or set up a group or something online but never did. That would be awesome! Let me know when we should start!
Well, I have to unpack my book first! I think I know where it is.
Should we open it up to others or just you and me? I could host it on my blog, you could host on your blog, we could switch, we could do email, or set up a Yahoo! group. Lots of options!
Sans kids...I can't wait!
Post a Comment