blog background

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Construction cake, part 3

Decorating

Here's what you'll need:

2 9x13 cakes

2 boxes of icing mix, prepared

pretzels

chopped walnuts

candy corn

white mints

green sprinkles/sugar

semi-sweet baker's chocolate squares (2?)

some construction trucks

Lots of time and patience

DSCF0165                        (ignore the black licorice, I didn't use or need it)

DSCF0167              

DSCF0168

(those white mints are supposed to look like a partially built house)

DSCF0169

Grand finale - I added more walnuts by the excavator(Scoop) and the candles. There are a couple of rock piles, a rock road, dirt in the dump truck, a dirt pile, a fence, a building, a pile of bricks, some construction cones, grass, and the trucks.

Alex is up already (7:15am) and absolutely loves it! Can't wait to see Ethan's reaction. (Haha, I just realized it looks like somebody's turning 36, but Alex just turned 3 and Ethan will be 6 in about a month, hence the 3 and the 6.)

All right, off to decorate and clean for the part-ay!