The boys' birthday party plans are coming along nicely. Except for one thing. The backyard is STILL not ready. Can't have a party with metal posts and concrete/cinder blocks in the yard! This week is the last week to get a hold of somebody to do it. The party is next Saturday, the 21st!
It's construction-themed. The kids are going to get to paint a cardboard house I "built" out of old boxes, dig in the dirt with trucks and shovels, and make marshmallow skyscrapers, plus just play in general of course. The party favors are yellow plastic construction hardhat, cloth tool waist aprons from Home Depot filled with lots of little things (carpenter's pencil, keychain measuring tape, paint brush, caribeener flashlight, tonka truck notepad, tonka pencil, construction stickers, noisemaker thingy, and 4pack of crayons), and a construction crew coloring book. Their aprons all are individualized with their names.
Food is easy, we are making "sack" lunches for the kids, peanut butter and jelly, individual bags of chips and tool fruit snacks in a brown paper bag with their names on them. Lemonade boxes, pink lemonade coolers, and apple juice boxes will be available for the kids. For the adults, I am getting 3 different types of coldcuts, 2 different kinds of cheeses and hoagie buns. We will all be able to make our own sandwiches and have chips or pretzels. Plus there will be fruit (strawberries, grapes, apples, and pineapple) cut up and served in a new, plastic kid's wheelbarrow, and fruit dip in a new bucket.
Decorations include caution tape, dump truck cardboard centerpiece, happy birthday banner, 2 small traffic cones, and black and yellow balloons. Of course the table cloth will be black with yellow plates, napkins, cups and cutlery.
We are also doing a pull-string piñata made from a real orange safety cone, filled with mini playdough and candy.
The cake is my favorite thing to do. I am baking a chocolate(I think) cake, with chocolate frosting. Half of it will be covered with green sprinkle sugar with the other half only with frosting. There will be five different construction vehicles, a crushed/chopped walnut "road" and rock pile, pretzel fence around the construction area, a half built mint "house/building", dirt in the dumptruck and a pile of dirt, both made from grated semi-sweet baker's chocolate and of course, candy corn for orange construction cones! I can't wait to see what it ends up looking like! We bought candles that spell happy birthday plus a number 6 for Ethan and a number 3 for Alex.
I'm super excited because they are so looking forward to it. Plus almost everyone invited is going to be able to make it including 6 of the boys friends, my friends Sharon and hopefully her hubby, Amanda and her fiance, and Darla and her hubby, my mom and dad, my parents-in-law, my sister Heather, sisters-in-law Jorie and Madison, my brother-in-law Jeff and his fiance Jenny, and my nephews Jeremy, Jake, Christian and Tony! The only people unable to make are my sister Linda, brother-in-law Desi and their other 3 kids, my nephews Kyle and Nic, and my niece Kayla cause they are still in Florida. So 30 people invited, plus us 4 makes 34, minus 5 in Florida, makes 29 people at the party!!!!! WOW, should be fun!
4 comments:
Sounds like it will be fun. Hope you get everything in order in time.
I think concrete blocks and metal posts are perfect for a construction birthday party. Tape some crepe paper on it and call it "ambience".
LOL
WWWWWOOOOOWWWWWW! FUN! FUN! FUN!! You and I should start a party planning business....well, except for the fact that I can barely get my OWN parties planned and running smoothly--Lord help me if I had to do it on a regular basis!! Ha ha ha! I wish I could be there! Happy birthday Ethan and Alex!! (Post Pics!!)
Thanks Andrea, sorry so late in responding, lol!
Mama - you had me cracking up when I read your comment!
Jennifer - oh boy do I know what you mean! It looks like I have it together, but I'm so far from it in so many ways, lol. Hmm, party planning with Jennifer and Crystal, sounds good to me
Post a Comment