blog background

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Update

So after Ethan was sick last weekend, I was sick Tuesday and Wednesday, then Alex started getting sick Thursday, just with a little diarrhea(sorry for the tmi) but then yesterday he started to get really sick, laying on the couch, threw up a couple times, all that jazz. Not fun, not fun at all. Today he's all better though, thank goodness (he's back to his normal non-stop self, lol), because(first, I'm just glad the kids are not sick anymore, I always feel so bad when they are sick and miserable and there's not much you can do for them, plus...) now poor Jason has it! Not only does he have the same stomach bug the rest of us have had, he was helping his dad put some branches and wood in his dad's truck today and got hit in the head with one! Jason has a nice gash on his head just above and behind his ear (it bled pretty bad from what I was told, he and the kids were across the street without me so I could get the housework caught up and get a mommy break) and he chipped his front top tooth pretty darn good. And still no insurance to go get it fixed, but he said it doesn't hurt. He probably could have used a couple stitches on the cut but said he's fine and no concussion, even though he said it hurt pretty bad when it first happened. Thank goodness he's OK. The funny thing is though, I get to baby him now! He's sleeping on the couch right now all covered up with blankets. I seriously never get to "take care" of him and it's kind of nice once in a while to actually do the extra stuff for him, like get him a blanket or something to drink or whatever and tell him to just rest, lol. Anyway, just thought I should post an update since I haven't in a few days.

Oh and we are definitely doing the Feingold diet. Starting officially Monday, although we have mostly followed it today and will tomorrow, just using the last few things like the bread, hamburger buns(since I couldn't find an acceptable brand of either) and having chicken enchiladas with taco seasoning tomorrow.

Also since we've been sick and I've been so far behind on normal housework, nothing has gotten done in the playroom yet. So Monday I am going to try and get the books FINALLY moved out, and go from there. Hey I gave myself two weeks and we hit a snag, so step back and start over where we stopped and move forward. Keep moving forward, right? Right!

No comments: