blog background

Monday, May 12, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


I haven't done this in awhile but since I am planning our meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner, due to the Feingold program, I thought it would be fun to share again! So here goes:


Monday:

Lunch: Peanut butter and honey or ham and cheese on homemade wheat bread(woohoo, first time I made wheat bread in the bread machine and it turned out good!), Lay's potato chips, fruit cup(red and yellow papaya and pineapple)

Dinner: Cheesy chicken enchiladas *moved from yesterday due to change in Mother's Day plans*


Tuesday:

Lunch: Ham and cheese sandwich, pretzels, baby carrots

Dinner: Hillshire farms Cheddarwurst, macaroni and cheese, broccoli


Wednesday:

Lunch: Peanut butter and honey sandwich, cheese curls, fruit cup

Dinner: Chicken nuggets*from Deceptively Delicious cookbook, made with sweet potato puree*, homemade fries, corn


Thursday:

Lunch: Ham and cheese rollup, popcorn and carrots/fruit

Dinner: sis-in-law Madison's birthday, eating out at TGIFriday's*I think*, so plain chicken or steak, baked potato with butter only, and fruit(no apples, oranges, or berries), the boys will be getting an adult meal to split


Friday:

Lunch: Peanut butter and banana sandwich, corn chips and carrots

Dinner: Tacos, corn and pineapple gelatin "Knox blox"


Saturday:

Lunch: Grilled cheese, pretzels, leftover gelatin

Dinner: Deep-fried Turkey, baked mac and cheese, and green beans, dark chocolate fudge cake with homemade buttercream frosting (we are going to my parents to celebrate Mother's Day and my mom's birthday late)


Sunday:

Lunch: leftovers from the week's dinners

Dinner: Roasted chicken, herbed rice, green beans


Breakfast options: peanut butter toast, waffles, pancakes w/ real maple syrup, cereal, pineapple, bananas, scrambled eggs, pears


Snack options: pretzels, fritos corn chips, potato chips, bananas, pineapple, cracker jacks, peanuts, chocolate rice bars(like granola bars), popcorn, pears


For more menu ideas, go to I'm an Organizing Junkie!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I just read that your husband is a helicopter mechanic. My hubby was too in the Marines. Now he works on aircraft for a living. :)

Your menu looks yummy too. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...deep fried turkey. My tummy's growling just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Your menu looks delicious! I know that it takes planning and organization to decide on each meal for a week, instead of just making a list of dinner ideas (which I do). How's it going so far with the menu this week (Thursday)?

Allie
www.learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Nicole- Yeah Jason is, by training a helicopter mechanic, and by trade, an aircraft mechanic. He's currently working on planes up near Detroit, MI. He was in the Army for about 4 years, but has been out 6! thanks for the comment!

Kamailesfood- thanks for the comment! I've only had it once, but it was sooo yummy, can't wait till tomorrow!

Allie- Thanks! its going pretty good, minor adjustments have been made, Ethan(our oldest who is the main reason for Feingold) has wanted different things for lunch, so we switch or pick between the items, but at least we have a base to go by. Also the boys refused to even try the enchiladas Monday, so they had cheddarwurst that night, and then we just ordered pizza Tuesday(which isnt technically allowed right now cause of the tomato sauce) and then yesterday both boys were upset at the restaurant so to make it less stressful they got to choose whatever they wanted(which happened to be cheese pizza, and that was probably the best option on the kids menu!) Thanks for asking!