A couple days ago I woke up coughing and achy all over(again! just a month ago I was sick like this!) I figured I would be better in a few days, just needing some extra rest, etc. Well after getting a horrible nights sleep and feeling way worse yesterday, I decided to go into Urgent Care. Its a good thing I did because the doctor said the cough is deep in my chest. $75 and 3 prescriptions later I drove to Walmart to go to the pharmacy. I was able to fill the antibiotic and the cough medicine(Tessalon Perles) for $12.75 but without insurance the Flonase was going to be $70!! I skipped that, since I can deal with the stuffy nose, its just the uncontrollable cough that is unbearable.
On top of all this, Ethan woke up yesterday saying his belly was full, that he ate too much?? All day he and Alex just kind of picked at their food and then last night around 11 Ethan woke up and threw up all over his bed! We put him on the couch, moved Alex to our bed and I proceeded to strip his bed and clean the mattress. While I was doing that he threw up all over his blanket on the couch! We got him cleaned up, the bedding in the wash and Alex back in his bed. Ethan slept the rest of the night on the couch and is fine this morning! This is going to sound gross, but it was weird. He had oranges with dinner Friday night, but none on Saturday, yet when he threw up it was mac and cheese(his dinner from Saturday) and orange pieces! Seems odd to me, especially since he woke up saying his tummy was still full.
And if this wasn't enough, Alex woke up with a very suspicious sounding cough(sounds a lot like mine, harsh but not constant like mine) so we will be watching him for the next 24-48 hours to see if he is just getting a normal little cold or if it gets worse.
Any prayers would be very much appreciated!
6 comments:
Those tessalon perles are good stuff.
We've been through the same - this cough/cold/flu is dragging through the family one person at a time so each week one new kid is sick. Our 2 yo got bronchitis from it.
So far it's hit husband, Baby, 2 yo, and 4 yo. FOUR more kids to go ACK!
Ugh! You poor thing! Sick and with sick kids--At least Jason is home for this one, right? I will definitely pray to St. Gerard! And don't worry about the Flonase--It can cause some pretty nasty problems--including a worse stuffy nose! Use some saline spray every day instead. :o)
I was thinking of calling to see if you were any better. I'm sorry to hear the kids have it now! I know it's been TERRIBLE lately. We've had it in our family for nearly 6 weeks!
I will definitely pray for you all.
Hang in there. and PLEASE let me know if I can help in any way!
PS-when I took Aidan to the dr for his cough/cold thing, he gave us the Children's Mucinex that dissolves on the tongue. It worked GREAT for him!
Oh, I hope you are all feeling better soon! Prayers are ascending for you all.
Oh how icky. I hope you all start feeling better soon. I'll offer up some prayers for you.
Hey.. I tagged you for a Memo!!!
Play along if you get a chance.
Post a Comment