blog background

Friday, March 7, 2008

Oh what kids will do!

So after my earlier post about those names and Alex not staying still for a minute, you'd think if I'm cooking dinner and my dh is not home, and the kids are in the living room being VERY quiet, I would be worried. But NO, I just kept doing what I was doing, breading the fish and talking to my sister on the phone. Then I walked around the corner after I put the fish in the oven to bake and saw this:










Alex thought coloring on our carpet with a red crayon would be fun! I have yet to get it out since its such a large area and scrubbing by hand seems almost pointless, though I did try and it did almost nothing. A friend of mine is letting me borrow their carpet shampooer tomorrow hopefully. One good thing came out of this I suppose you could say. The person (who shall remain nameless, AHEM, Jason, cough cough,LOL) that told above 2yr old he was allowed to color in the living room has learned his lesson and now agrees that the children are only allowed to color at the table!

Any suggestions on how to get crayon out of carpet??

(If you double click the photos, you can get a better view, also you can scroll. The first picture its kind of hard to see the crayon from the original view.)



5 comments:

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Goo Gone should get it out of the carpet, but it leaves a greasy residue so you'll have to shampoo after. At least it's red on pink, not black crayon on white carpet! LOL

If you can't find goo-gone (it's at almost every store, in the cleaning aisle, advertises it will remove crayons, stickers, and lipstick) you could try makeup remover (test your carpet first!)

Sharon said...

Wow. I'm always impressed at the damage kids can do in such little time! lol
I'm sorry you have a mess. Are going to make Jason do the shampooing since he let him color in there? ;)

Unknown said...

Mama- thanks for the idea, somebody else told me to try that too and I had a couple people tell me magic eraser might work. I gave in a bought a little green machine instead though, at least I'm sure with kids in the house we'll use it often! oh and looking at the pictures the carpet does look pink but it actually a very light brown/tan color. black on white oh boy that would be bad!

Sharon- I actually did the first go at cleaning it but only got it a tad lighter so Jason took a turn and now its completely out!

Andrea said...

AAhhhhhhhh... the dreaded crayon. lol! We had it all ove rthe TV. Did you get it out????

I like the new look by the way, easier to read.

The picture is cute in your profile!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh NOOOO!!! Ha ha ha ha! I had just finished looking at all of the pics of your new house (GREAT house by the way!) and then I went back to your blog and saw this--Ha ha ha! I have no idea how to best get crayon out of carpet, though--It's the one thing that hasn't made it onto our carpet thus far! :oD