and it was perfect! Jason called to talk to me yesterday afternoon. It was supposed to be his last day and he flies home today. He tells me that they got some "disturbing" news in the morning. The contract was cancelled!! So even if he had not made the decision to come home, he would have been anyway. Also it ended yesterday, his very last day, which means he was still an employee and therefore entitled to severance pay and reimbursement for his plane ticket and shipment of household goods and toolbox. As I said, perfect timing! Couldn't have been planned better, LOL. Thank you Lord for providing yet again! I felt this was the right thing, Jason coming home and all but was scared. Now I know this is what God had planned for us, and He had put it in our hearts before we knew.
On another note, the school psychologist called and told me that she thought Ethan's IEP was being implemented, apologized about it and said she was sure that there would be a meeting scheduled ASAP. Also she asked me about my concerns, the biggest of which is the, previously nonexistent, self-abuse he is doing at school and the meltdowns/transition problems he is having again.
The school principal also called and apologized profusely. She informed me that she was unaware that Ethan had an IEP at all and that generally the school prides itself on being very efficient in these matters. She went on to tell me everything I had written to Mr. B was correct and that it was all on her head, all her fault. She truly sounded as though she feels horrible that this has happened. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Mrs B (the principal) is setting up an IEP meeting with the psychologist, his teacher, the speech and occupational therapists, any other teachers or specialists involved and my husband and myself along with Ethan being there. I'm taking Ethan so they can all meet him (some have already met him obviously) and sort of get to know him. This way they can get a better feel for what he needs and doesn't need, what he enjoys, understands and does.
I just can't wait for him to get back into school and really get something out of it finally!
2 comments:
So glad. :)
I'm happy to hear things will be improving for Ethan's school situation, and that's GREAT for Jason! Sure does seem like God had the same thing in mind. ;) I'm happy for you guys.
Crystal.. I tagged you for Book Sentence thing on my blog!
Post a Comment