blog background

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lent update

Yesterday didn't go quite how I planned. We didn't make it to Mass at all. The weather wasn't very nice, first rain, then some hail, then snow, only a couple of inches, but I didn't feel very comfortable going out at 6:45pm by myself with two munchkins in that! I didn't get my journaling done at all, I didn't pray the Rosary either. However I did abstain from meat, and no pop, fast food or pizza!

Today is going better. I've been drinking water all day or milk, and no pizza or fast food. I REALLY wanted to order pizza for dinner tonight, BBQ chicken for me, pepperoni for the boys, mmmm, but NO I will not do it.

*Side Note* Besides I think I have come to the realization that I am addicted to pizza, if that's possible. My first job was at Pizza Hut for over 2 years and I got to eat pretty much free everyday for an employee lunch. Then I worked at a crafts store for about a year, then Pizza Hut for a couple of months till I got married. Then I worked at Domino's in NY for over a year, then Pizza Hut for about a month in MD, then Lowe's for a year. When we moved back to OH, and I had to find a job, I chose Vito's pizza(based on experience, I knew it was my best shot, LOL) and every time I worked at a pizza place I got free pizza nearly every day I worked and days I wasn't at work(except this last time, cause we had kids by then) we'd order pizza a lot! At the last place we got in the habit of ordering pizza once a week and it has continued for over the last year. Its really hard to go more than a few days without it, I love pizza! As I said, I think I'm addicted, so forty days without it should do me some major good!

Back to today. I decided yesterday to buy the workbook to go along with Holly Pierlot's A Mother's Rule for Life. It's an adobe file you can purchase for just $8.47 on her website. Today I sat down and started filling it out and writing my MROL. I've gotten alot accomplished on it and its only Day 2!

After the boys go to bed tonight, I will pray the Rosary and do yesterday's and today's entries in the My Way of the Cross journal and today's entry in my prayer journal.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Good job with what you did get done. =) We're mothers and sometimes you can only get done so much. I'm addicted to pizza too!!!