At dinner tonight, Ethan says "OH, I forgot, I didn't say grace yet!" and proceeds to say Bless us, O Lord and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty through Christ our Lord.
It was so refreshing and caught me off balance because we had been saying grace before nearly every meal and then it kind of tapered off and now I have been trying to remember before dinner at least and here's my 5 yr old reminding me! Well then I thought, I wonder.... so I asked him, "Do you say grace before lunch at school?" and he says "yeah mom, of course" or something like that! I am so proud of him, that even in a public school setting, my little kindergartner who has only been going full day for a week tomorrow says grace before he eats his lunch. Especially when yesterday he told me he wanted to wear a shirt with long sleeves like everybody else instead of the short sleeve polo I started to hand him. He wants to be like everybody else in one sense but doesn't conform to society in another! Isn't that wonderful? I know, a silly little thing, but it just warmed my heart a little today!
4 comments:
That is so beautiful. I have a Kindergartner too. He loves to be the one to say grace at dinner, but I can't say that he remembers to do it at school. You must be so proud!!
I would be very proud if I was you. :)
Go Ethan!
That is wonderful!!!!
They pay attention more than you think!
Mine thought "from Thy bounty" meant, from their fork and they STILL call forks "bounties" now!
Post a Comment