blog background

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!



*Update at bottom, picture added*

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend! This year for Thanksgiving, Jason, Ethan, Alex and I will be going to my parents to eat. Neither of my sisters, and none of my eight nephews or my niece could make it this year, so it will just be six of us. It will still be nice though. We are having the traditional Thanksgiving fair, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. Plus I am taking a chocolate dream pie (Sara Lee brand, mmm, looks yummy) and some really cute cookies the boys and I made together last night. We took some premade sugar cookies, put some chocolate icing on them near the top to hold on 5-8 candy corn for "tail feathers", 2 mm's for "eyes" and then I drew a "beak" and "feet" with red gel icing. They turned out really good and the kids had a blast making them. We made enough for all 6 of us to night and another dozen for Saturday. That's when we are having Thanksgiving dinner with Jason's family. His mom, dad, 2 sisters, brother, future sis-in-law, his 25 yr old sister's bf (his other sister is only 11, she better not have a bf yet, LOL!), Jason, Ethan, Alex and I will all be there. Again, we will be having turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes(casserole with marshmallows this time, mmmm!), green bean casserole, stuffing/dressing, and pumpkin pie. Plus we are taking our cookies and a dutch crumb apple pie and french vanilla ice cream, my f-i-l's favorite pie and ice cream! I think there may be ham and kielbasa(real polish kielbasa, not the smoked sausage kind either, LOL), usually there is.


Things I am thankful for:(in no particular order and not an exhaustive list, either)


1. My loving wonderful husband


2. Ethan and Alex


3. My TWO sets of parents(my mom and dad and Jason's)


4. All five sisters and brother(2 sisters from my family, brother and his fiance and 2 sisters from Jason's)


5. Our extended families who we don't see nearly enough


6. Jason's job even if it will take him 7500 miles away from us again


7. Our houses, the one we are renting now and the one we are buying


8. Everything we have, heat, clothing, food


9. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ


10. Living in the US where we are free


11. All of my friends in "real life" and all my cyber-friends, who seem more like family anyway!




*Update*


I wrote about the turkey cookies the boys and I made and I wanted to share a pic of it. I know it looks kind of funny but we had fun making (and eating!) them. Way too much sugar though, LOL.


2 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you posted again. :) I've missed your blog!

I hope you had a nice holiday. Aidan would love to see your boys again soon. He even made up an "Ethan & Alex" song. lol

Jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Crystal!! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! When does Jason have to go back? :o(...Thinking about ya!