blog background

Friday, October 5, 2007

Karl Kohlhase's "Far From Your Heart"

This song really touches my heart, it makes me cry and reevaluate how I act, how I respond in Mass, how I am. This is a song written and sung by Catholic artist Karl Kohlhase. These are the lyrics as taken from his site:

Far from your heart lyrics

Far From Your Heart
Would it hurt to stay with Me one hour? Can’t you stand to sing the last refrain? You sit there staring at your watchesDon’t you know you’re causing Me more pain?
Did you really think I’d never notice? That’s because you don’t believe I’m hereI sat beside you Sunday morning And you never knew that I was near
I’m close to your lips (when you’re cursing My name) Far from your heart (and you worship Me in vain)Close to your lips Far from your heartYour heart
Twenty four times seven hours I give to you And you act like one’s a sacrificeYou’re only going through the motionsBut your heart is always somewhere elseThat’s how you value what I’ve done for you This is how you show Me that you careYour empty words will perish with youBecause your heart was never there
I’m close to your lips (when you’re cursing My name) Far from your heart (and you worship Me in vain) Close to your lips Far from your heart Your heart
All I ever really wanted All I ever really wanted

Words and Music by Karl Kohlhase© 2003 karl kohlhase



Karl offers all 5 of his cd's for download for free on his website. To listen to this song and others, go to Karl's website.

No comments: