Saturday was a super busy day for us! We met up with Sharon at the Bird's nest and her family for the first time. Sharon and her husband invited the boys and I over for lunch and then to the Fall Fest near there home. I felt instantly comfortable with them, and Ethan, Alex and Aidan were all attached at the hips! They played so good together.
At the Fall Fest, the 3 older boys got to climb inside a fire truck, a police car and an ambulance. Plus they each decorated cookies with frosting and sprinkles. They got their faces painted, Ethan and Aidan both got a pumpkin and Alex decided he wanted to be a kitty with green(?) whiskers. Then they got balloon swords from the clown, got some popcorn and we went out to pick out a pumpkin. They ran out of pumpkins though so we wrote our name and number down to get a call about pumpkins later. We had so much fun and cannot wait to get together with Sharon, her dh and her boys again!
Afterwards Ethan, Alex and I headed over to Jason's parents for dinner and to visit for a few hours. The boys played with their Aunt Madison for awhile and her friend. We even made a leaf pile and the boys were jumping in it. Grandpa Joe was taking them for rides on the four-wheeler around the backyard too. Then we had roast, potatoes and carrots for dinner, mmm good! The boys actually had nuggets, mac n cheese and peaches.
After we left there we headed over to pick up my oldest sister's two oldest boys, Christian, 14 and Tony, 12. Wow, if I knew having two teenage boys in the house would've been that easy, I would have had them overnight sooner, LOL! They were so helpful. We had an early morning Sunday, up at 7:30, I showered and then bathed Ethan and Alex. Tony and Christian each showered, we ate breakfast and then headed out for Mass. We got to the church a half an hour early!!! This NEVER happens, LOL. Mass was about halfway through and Alex announced he "poopied". Well Christian was at the end of the pew and I know he has a 2 yr old half-sister he helps with at home, so I asked him if he would mind taking Alex to the bathroom, change him and then just stand out in the main area with him till Mass was over, so Alex wouldnt start screaming when he came back in.
After Mass we took a drive through Michigan up to Ypsilanti, and then headed back. Alex fell asleep so instead of our normal lunch excursion we decided to hit the drive-thru. I was feeling pretty sick at that point, a cold and achey all over, so my nephews helped me with the boys, taking turns on the computer and playing trains with the younger two. My nephews asked to stay for dinner so I said ok. After dinner I drove them home and Ethan, Alex, and I went to Walmart for diapers, wipes and cold medicine for me.
Monday I woke up with laryngitis, completely unable to talk!!!! Oh well, I bought some tea and drank a bunch of that yesterday and felt a little better. Today Ethan gets to where pajamas to school because its pajama "follow your dreams" day. It has to do with being drug free and red ribbon week at school.
This coming up weekend should be tons of fun. On Saturday we are going with my mom to DreamStreet at Woodville Mall out by my parents. Its a non-scary halloween activity for kids. They get to dress up and everything. Its $4 per person but it sounds like it will be lots of fun, and then afterwards we are going to stay the night at my parents probably.
3 comments:
You took some great pictures! That one of Alex driving the police car is super cute. :)
I'm glad your nephews were helpful! And getting to church that early...wow. Go you.
Have a great time at the Woodville Mall! Sounds like fun.
I am so excited you and Sharon finally got to meet each other! That is so cool! It's so weird to see all of you together in pics--surreal! :oD Anyways, aren't they great? Sharon and Pat are Landon's Godparents and some of my dearest friends in the world! We should all have a bloggy get-together sometime! :o)
PS) I'm sick, too--Boooo!!
I'm jealous you all get to meet each other and hang out. Why do I have to be in Illinois. LOL
Love the pictures!
Post a Comment