blog background

Monday, September 10, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

It's Monday! Night, actually. Today totally just got past me. Before I knew it, it was lunch, then Ethan had to go to the bus stop, Alex needed his nap, I had to do fun adult stuff(re: balance checkbook and pay bills, which never did get finished, oh well there is always tomorrow), and then Alex got up, Ethan got home and BAM it was dinner time! At least its going fast, these last few days till Jason gets home. Friday is the big day and I can hardly wait! Two weeks of annoying each other and giving each other a hard time in person, no not really but I am good at giving my dh a hard time, LOL. Seriously though 2 long weeks to see each other and talk across the room instead of around the world, to reach out and touch each other(corny I know, but hey I miss holding his hand, hugging him, kissing him.)


Well onto my menu for the week, which is what this post is REALLY supposed to be about.


Last week we loved the chicken w/broccoli(veggies) and garlic sauce, sloppy joes(it was new to the boys), and the pecan-crusted tilapia. We had pizza Thursday before we met my sister to pick up my nephew, and he even tried and liked the fish on Friday! Saturday we ended up over at my parents for dinner, so the oven-fried chicken got put off AGAIN! Sunday we were at my in-laws for a few hours and came home to late to thaw anything so we had leftovers.





MONDAY: We had chicken nuggets and cheez-its.

TUESDAY: Southern-style oven-fried chicken(held over from last week, see last week for link) buttered noodles and green beans

WEDNESDAY: Salisbury steak(WW, 8pts), mashed potatoes and corn

THURSDAY: WW Chicken and cheese casserole

FRIDAY: Crock pot melt in your mouth Cube Steak and Gravy (with Yukon gold potatoes instead), and green beans?

SATURDAY: We are going out to dinner. Jason gets in Friday morning and my parents are taking the boys Saturday night and bringing them home Sunday morning around ten.

SUNDAY: Cookout, probably burgers or something.

For more menu ideas, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Have a good week!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It'll be so great when Jason gets back. I know what you mean about just wanting to hold hands, hug, etc. Andrea

Sharon said...

Just wanted to say I'm so happy for you that Jason is coming home!!!!

Wait! It's Friday morning now!

WELCOME HOME JASON!!!!!!!
Thank you for yourn service!!

Unknown said...

Actually he's not home yet!!!GRRRR. Flight delays suck, so does bad weather, LOL. oh well, he's stuck for another hour or so in Atlanta.