blog background

Monday, August 27, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Monday: Teriyaki sticky chicken w/ rice, baby carrots and cauliflower
Tuesday: Jennie-o marinated lemon and garlic turkey tenderloin, mashed potatoes and green beans
Wednesday: Creamy ground beef and noodles
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Baked macaroni and cheese (or we may eat out, taking the boys bowling!)
Saturday: Southern-style oven fried chicken, buttered noodles, and steamed caulflower/broccoli/carrots
Sunday: either cooking out or going to my parents or inlaws

Thanks to Laura over at I'm an Organizing Junkie for hosting this, and Sharon, where I found out about this!
(yay, I finally figured how to do a link!!!)

Ok so last week didnt go even close to how I planned it LOL! We did have the chicken fingers but I had to improvise, as I didnt have bread crumbs(duh, it helps to actually double check the cupboard BEFORE you go to the store, LOL) and they were really yummy! I wasn't sure with the honey mustard and buttermilk coating before the flour because I don't like mustard at all. We also had the mexican pizzas but not till Thursday. Ethan's open house was Wednesday and we ended up ordering pizza and cheesebread, my huge downfall! ;) The mexican pizza wasn't very good, none of us liked it, and Friday the boys had a box of mac and cheese and I had leftovers. Saturday we went to my friends to check on her cat and house and there was a huge storm heading our way(she lives in a mobile home and they were predicting 65mph winds, hail and possible tornados!) so we left quickly and were heading home to find out that the storm was headed right toward our house! So we went to my inlaws 5 minutes from where we were and ate dinner with them, so the boys had frozen dinners and I ate chinese takeout with my inlaws(the boys actually did try some of the chicken, which was a big surprise!). Well here's hoping that we can do better this week!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hi- welcome to MPM! I'm a Catholic mommy, too. :) Your menu looks good!

Nicole said...

Welcome to MPM! Nice meal plan... Have a great week!

Sharon said...

You menu looks GREAT! Can I come over & eat? ;)

I'm impressed, too. If my dh was away, I don't know that I'd be cooking such nice meals. Good for you!

I hope WW goes better for you this week, too. I'm feeling motivated again after yesterday's meeting.

Oh, and that sticky teriyaki chicken is one of my favorites! Hope you like it. :)

Laura said...

Sounds like a great week, I love anything Teriyaki!!

Thanks for joining in :)

Laura