This afternoon the boys have a doctor's appointment with our new pediatrician - she worked at our old peds office but opened her own practice recently. Since we found out we were having another baby, we have talked about vaccines and if we want to skip or delay some or all of them. Our old peds office isn't very open-minded about that and also they were always quite pushy, etc. This particular doctor is more open to discussion and willing to work with us from everything I've heard. I wanted to get the older boys in before baby #3 is here so we are already established patients, making it tons easier to get the little one in.
After their appointment, we are heading South to meet my in-laws halfway to Toledo. They called, wanting to take the boys for a few days before school starts back up on Tuesday. Jas has to work today so I'm on drop-off duty! They are keeping them from this afternoon/evening until lunchtime Sunday when we are planning to meet them for lunch. That gives us the rest of Sunday and all day Monday to kind of get ready to head back to school Tuesday and also get ready for my hospital stay starting Tuesday 6am - if baby boy hasn't shown his pretty little face yet :) It'll be nice to have these last few days alone with the hubby before the baby comes. We always enjoy our "alone" time in the summer when the boys go visit, so this will be a nice little mini-vacation for just us. Even though he has to work tomorrow. Maybe I can convince him to take the day off ;) After all, he has a ton of vacation/personal time saved up and he's already off Monday and taking Tuesday through Friday off next week. What's one more day?? LOL. Besides if something comes up at work, he can always be reached on his work phone or his personal phone.
Jason is so sweet. He lost his phone yesterday and called to ask me to call it. Then he found it, said he'd be leaving soon, so I started dinner. 45 minutes later he wasn't home, and being the emotional wreck I am right now, I was crying and angry. So I put the rest of dinner on hold and was sitting in the living room watching news, while the boys played. He walks in and comes over with his hands behind his back, says "hi" sheepishly and proceeds to hand me a card and a chocolate heart! He said sorry for being so late, that he wanted to stop and get me something little and that's part of the reason he took so long. :) I opened up the card and he wrote a sweet message inside saying that he knows how the new job with long hours is hard, how he knows that having a new baby boy is going to be hard, but that he knows we will be ok because he knows he loves me!! Of course I gave him a huge hug and kiss and started bawling! LOL.
Jas is coming home in about a half an hour for lunch so he can see the boys before we head out. He wouldn't get to see them otherwise with him not getting off work till 5 or so. Actually he and I will probably get home around the same time this evening, if I manage to miss the bad traffic in Detroit at rush hour.
After lunch, we have to head to the store really quickly to buy Alex a new pair of snow boots since he lost one of his at school. Then it's time for their appointment and then we are leaving straight from there. I've already mostly got their bags packed up. I'm going to make sure they have a couple snacks for the ride so they aren't bugging Grandpa for dinner as soon as they get in his truck, LOL.
Hoping to go into labor today, tomorrow or Saturday so we can have this baby before the New Year. Our insurance deductible resets on the first and that would make a few hundred dollar difference in our bill. It would be nice to have a slightly smaller bill from the hospital, as well as we can claim the baby on taxes this year instead of waiting till next year. Especially since I'm going to be induced 3 days into the New Year anyway, it seems silly to want to wait till then! But who knows what will happen. It doesn't seem like these sporadic contractions are doing anything and I haven't had any yet today :( 39 weeks tomorrow and I am feeling very uncomfortable, having a hard time sleeping although I'm not too tired/groggy yet, and I think I'm swelling in my legs. My lower calves around my ankles are all red as well as the backs of my thighs almost to my knees and the top front of my thighs and now even my stomach looks a little pink/red. Baby's moving like crazy and I'm not having any other problems like dizziness, nausea, or headaches so I'm trying not to worry.
No comments:
Post a Comment