FOR TODAY December 8th, 2011
Outside my window... it's cold and overcast, but no snow or rain.
I am thinking... about what to have for dinner from the leftovers.
I am thankful... for Ethan and Alex's teachers and school.
From the learning rooms... Ethan finished up his "letter to the author" today and has been learning about the solar system in science. He's had at least 2 homework assignments every day this week on top of his nightly reading. Alex got in trouble yesterday for some horseplay in the bathroom. His teacher is working with him on math enrichment, rounding to the nearest 10's with three digit numbers.
In the kitchen... dishes to wash. Leftovers for dinner.
I am wearing... a black t-shirt and my favorite pair of maternity jeans.
I am creating... a party plan and menu for a Christmas party for my husband's employees.
I am going... nowhere for the rest of the night, except maybe to lay down and to bed early. Still not feeling well.
I am wondering... when Baby H is going to decide to make his grand entrance...
I am reading... nothing currently. I need to go get one of the 2 books for the different series I like. But I've been putting it off just in case...
I am hoping... that my in-laws are understanding when they come to the hospital for the birth and I don't let them in the delivery room after a certain point in my labor.
I am looking forward to... decorating and baking this weekend and next weekend's party.
I am hearing... my children playing nicely in the basement!
Around the house... we are planning to put up the tree and Christmas decorations this weekend and clean the house from top to bottom for our party guests. Just some decluttering and then normal cleaning that always needs done :)
One of my favorite things... sleep. Lots of sleep. I slept on the couch for almost 4 hours today. That's how I know this cold is getting the better of me - when I sleep 8 hours at night, wake up tired and sleep more and then need to just lay down again a couple hours later :( I need some energy but I don't want coffee or pop. Just makes me feel worse right now.
A few plans for the rest of the week: 2nd grade spelling tests tomorrow, Christmas tree/decorations, baking cookies, making buckeyes and homemade ornaments for grandparents, deep cleaning some areas, and of course laundry ;)
A birthday wish: For my nephew, Jake, who is 13 today!! Holy cow, where has the time gone! He is the 5th of my 6 nephews to celebrate this milestone. I was there when he was born and he was the cutest little guy ever! My sister, Heather, is an awesome single mom and has done a great job raising a wonderful young man so far. His dad (and brother) is missing out on a great kid who is smart, sweet and helpful, even if he can be a sarcastic punk sometimes ;) We love you, Jacob. Happy birthday to a great nephew and cousin!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment