FOR TODAY: Friday, December 2, 2011
Outside my window... It's snowing! There is a nice coating of white on the ground but at least the roads are mostly clear. It'll be gone by this afternoon, most likely.
I am thinking... I need to get on the ball and buy some new snowpants and gloves for the boys as well as bigger boots for E.
I am thankful... for my nice warm home.
From the learning rooms... E is going to start on his December book project, a letter to the author, about the biography of Thomas Jefferson. He's been doing spelling sentences this week and greatest common factors in Math. His teacher is doing a great job helping him stay on task and his meltdowns/tantrums seem to be getting better, now it's just attitude adjustment. In science, they are learning about the cycles of the moon and have to look at it each night and mark on their calendar what it looks like. Not too many nights he's actually seen it! Alex is preparing for his Christmas concert, practicing his songs every time we here them on the radio. Spelling tests today for 2nd grade, and I'm giving them this week! He's working on double digit math, writing and they just did some measurement for science, weighing different fruits.
In the kitchen...nothing right now, although coffee sounds good. Chicken cordon blue or cheeseburgers for dinner tonight. Guess I should decide soon so I can make sure the meat is thawed out ;)
I am wearing... a red maternity sweater with snowflakes on it, brown maternity corduroys and sketcher shape-ups. Seriously love these shoes, they are so comfy and I really think it's made a difference in how my feet feel. They don't hurt nearly as much as they would have in other shoes.
I am creating... ideas for blog posts, and a human. Still. LOL. Actually feeling pretty good for the most part still, just a little bit uncomfortable and not too anxious yet.
I am going... to the school to give spelling tests.
I am wondering... what to write on my blog the next few weeks...
I am reading...some new blogs thanks to BlogHer and NaBloPoMo. Just randomly picking them and kind of feeling them out right now.
I am hoping... that my hubby has a good day at work and is able to get out of there early ;) that the boys have a great day at school, and Alex's cold gets better quickly as well as the rest of us not catching it!
I am looking forward to... lunch with hubby sometime early next week.
I am hearing... quiet. Buddy is sleeping on the floor next to me, no tv or kids yelling, not even a car going by! Almost too quiet. Maybe I will put on some Christmas music and just listen till I head out.
Around the house... clean dishes to put away, sheets to change, and some vacuuming to do. I'd like to start putting up the decorations and tree this weekend but we may wait till next weekend.
I am pondering... whether to share my blog with extended family and friends or not. I've always wanted their input/opinion, etc but at the same time, I guess I'm a bit nervous to share it!!
One of my favorite things... hot chocolate from our "cocoa motion". I think I will make the boys and I some when we get home this afternoon.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Nothing much really. Spelling tests, maybe something fun this weekend, grocery shopping Sunday, lunch with hubby. Shopping for snowpants, boots and gloves is also definitely on this weekend's agenda.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
34 weeks 7 days (12-1-11)


1 comment:
nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya
Post a Comment