It can be a toss-up as to how its going to go grocery shopping with my kids. It can be really rough with them not listening, touching everything, asking for anything interesting or full of sugar ;) or just not paying attention to their surroundings, running into people or getting in their way. Or it can go great and they listen to everything I say, follow the rules, pay attention to others in the aisle and help with getting things.
Today, it went pretty darn good! They took turns getting items for me to and picking things out. I had to get after them a couple of times but nothing major. They followed my directions when I said where to go next and only asked for a couple things, like another box of cheez-its that were a different flavor. We even were able to find four new blue long sleeve shirts for each of them, a trashcan for pop cans/bottles for recycling, and DVDs for our camcorder. Even on a Sunday, with two kids, a long list, a tired and very pregnant mama, and a semi-busy store, it only took 2 hours start to finish, including self-checkout. I love self-checkout anymore. I can go at my own pace, keep track of how much each item is and my total, use coupons and my store card, and bag my items the way I like them bagged. I'm pretty particular when it comes to bagging the groceries. I don't want them too heavy or too light. I want all the cold stuff in my cold bags (I bring my own reusable bags) and the raw meats separate from other things just in case they leak or anything. Raw meat juices on other food items is so icky to me!! It just makes more sense to me to go through the self-checkout.
I was really proud of the boys' behavior and helpful attitudes. It was a lifesaver this morning.
Jas is not home yet from meeting his brother and getting the infant car seat and few other baby items. He also went to do some more shopping for things he didn't get yesterday. Once he gets home, I plan to go out and get a few things for him and some stocking stuffers. I thought I was done but forgot about the stockings!!!
Hoping to hold out till Tuesday night at least on having this babe. I would be sad if I missed the boys' concerts. :(
I have an appointment tomorrow and I have to mention to her that I have some swelling in my calves just above my ankles and in my upper thighs! Talk about random spots. Also I noticed a light greenish bruise on the left dide of my belly today when I was drying off from my shower. Its in the weirdest spot and I know I didn't bump into anything or get bumped there at all! I did notice its in a spot that the muscle hurts when I cough and where his little feet or bum (at least I hope he's head down now!) is pushing a lot so I don't know if that is why? Either way its strange and something to mention to her. I'm a little concerned...
Time to get the pork chops marinating for dinner. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment