Today is turning out to be a pretty good day.
After worrying about my mom being in the hospital, I talked to her again a few minutes ago and she sounds ok. She went in Sunday morning due to some chest pain and having a hard time breathing. She even passed out at one point for a minute or so. The doctors did an EKG and bloodwork. Her potassium was low and they did give her aspirin and nitro to stop the pain and make sure it wasn't a heart attack. This morning they had her take a stress test, walking/running on a treadmill. Mom reported that other than being a little out of breath, she felt fine with no pain, etc. The doctors are going to do some more pics (echocardiogram I'm assuming?) of her heart to compare and rule out heart attack or any damage. If all goes well she will be going home this afternoon sometime.
My sister Heather had a biopsy and surgery done Friday, and is doing well other than lots of pain, and from when I talked to her, lack of sleep. She sounded exhausted. (GET SOME REST, WOMAN!!) Waiting biopsy results but I'm sure they will be fine.
This morning E woke up before Jas left for work and said goodbye and went back to bed for a bit. At 6:45, he knocked on the bedroom door to make sure I was up to take him to school (I was up, getting ready to get showered and dressed:) and he was already dressed and ready for breakfast. I made him breakfast, packed his lunch, snacks and water bottle and went to wake Alex. Alex didn't want to get up so I picked his clothes out and turned his light on. I figured that way he'd have to get up to turn the light off and then be awake ;) Before I got in the shower, I let E know to pack up his bookbag and brush his teeth, we'd be leaving in about 25 minutes. By the time I was done getting ready, he had put his dishes in the dishwasher (!), brushed his teeth, packed his bag, put his shoes on and was patiently reading in the playroom with his bookbag on! Of course Alex wasn't dressed, instead he was running around all willy-nilly, telling me he didn't know what to put on, if his jammies were clean or dirty, etc., every excuse in the book. It was pretty funny though. We did leave on time though. E was in a great mood and I haven't heard from the school so that's a plus. Alex and I went to the outlet mall and just walked around outside (paved little walkways, sunshine, trees, fountains, very pretty) since the stores don't open till 10am and we got there at 9. I didn't plan to go shopping anyway so no big deal.
Alex has been really good today so far too. And I even got a phone call from Jas at lunch today! That was a nice surprise. Usually he's busy or whatever so he doesn't call often and it was nice to chat for a couple of minutes and just hear his voice. Love that man so much!
Here's hoping the rest of the day is just as nice. It's warming up out so the kids and I will be out riding their new bikes hopefully and pictures to come.
Oh yeah and I went grocery shopping yesterday morning while Jas stayed at home with the boys. I love being able to do that, just take my time, find what I want, compare prices/labels/etc., not feel rushed or annoyed, and not have grabby little fingers putting things in the cart or taking them out, LOL. Got lots of stuff, including many organic/all natural things, especially the kids' snack items. I even splurged a little and bought a couple pounds of all-natural ground beef for cheeseburgers! Of course I also bought a couple of pounds of the other stuff for the other two beef meals we are having. But I want to see if there is any difference. It's more of a personal preference I'm sure but we'll see.
I should probably post my menu for the week on here to keep track of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment