This weekend turned out pretty good. Sometimes, I am really excited to go visit family and then right before we leave I just really don't want to go, worried what might be said, or unsaid, how the boys will be, everybody's moods, you know, pretty much everything that can go wrong, so to speak. Yeah, I felt that way Saturday afternoon. Wasn't alone in that either.
However, we went to T-town (our hometown) anyway. Jas worked overtime Saturday, so after 8 1/2 hours at work he came home only to drive an hour and half. He's such a good sport though. I know he was tired and not really looking forward to the whole thing, just worn out I think. We went straight to my parents house and visited for a few minutes, left the boys and dog there, and headed to Tony Packo's downtown and enjoyed dinner with Jason's parents, brother Jeff and his wife Jen, his sister Jorie and her b/f Matt (who we met for the first time, nice guy, I like him.), and his sister Maddy. We haven't been there in a long time. They have the best Hungarian hot dogs with chili sauce. If you are ever in NW Ohio, and you like chili dogs, this is the place to go!!!
After dinner and visiting for over an hour, Jas and I headed back to my parents house where we watched a little TV, and went to bed around midnight. I slept horrible but no biggie, since I wanted to get up early to be the Easter Bunny.
Sunday, I got up with my mom and hid eggs, and the basket and a couple little gifts for the kids from Nana and Papa at 6:45am. The boys were up by 7 and so excited! They each got a summer outfit and a new kite. I ran to the store for a few things and when I got back, I found the Easter Bunny (wink, wink) had left some other things in the van as a surprise for them. Instead of candy, they each got a small action figure, water balloons, sidewalk chalk, a baseball hat (spongebob for E, and cars for Alex), an Ohio State T-shirt, and E got Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The last straw, and Alex got 2 little books also. Oh and they got a wiffle ball and bat.
After a snack, we headed out and flew their kites with Daddy and they loved it, esp. E. Alex was nervous his was going to fly away.
My oldest sister Linda came over with her hubby Desi and their 5 kid (Chris, Tony, Kyle, Kayla, and Nic) and we visited, ate a huge ham dinner around 1:30 and played for a bit. By about 3 we headed to Jason's parents.
At my inlaws, we visited with everybody from the night before, plus baby J (our niece), and cousin Mandy for a bit. Jas and Jeff took the boys on the 4-wheeler and 3-wheeler a few times, and pretty much all the adults and Maddy went on the 4-wheeler, expect me, Jorie and my MIL. Got some awesome pics to post too. Especially a funny one of my FIL on the little moped/scooter thing.
Then we had another huge ham dinner with real Polish kielbasi this time. After dinner my MIL surprised me by celebrating my b-day a couple days early! I was totally NOT expecting it. My FIL even had the darn video camera out while everybody sang happy birthday to me, I was red as a tomato I'll bet! Then they all surprised me with gifts! Jason didn't even know about it! I go a really cute top, a new spring purse and a $25 gift card (time to go buy some summer clothes!!). Plus my mom and dad had given me an early b-day present 2 weeks ago, New Moon DVD!
All in all, it was a pretty great weekend - well 28 hours. We headed home to MI at about 7:30 and the boys were crashed out.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great holiday! I am obsessed with Tony Packo's.
Post a Comment