blog background

Monday, January 25, 2010

Menu Plan - week of Jan. 25, 2010




This is becoming a pretty good habit for me now, isn't it?

Jason's out of town for the week, having left yesterday around 4pm for work. He had to fly out on the A-Star (AS350 helicopter) around 5pm last night and head to DC for the week. They are taking a Blackhawk and the A-Star down there for something, I think it has to with Pres. O's state-of-the-union address. Of course, I don't know any more than that and from what it sounds like neither does Jas. He's dually rated/trained on both helicopters so it made the most sense for him to go instead of sending 2 mechs and paying twice the money. At least he may be getting tons of overtime plus per diem for Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They are supposed to fly back Thursday or Friday. I'm hoping Thursday because we have parent-teacher conferences Friday and then a playdate with a girl from Ethan's class.

The weekend was not too busy. Saturday, we did all head over to the house we have a pending offer on. Jas and the realtor did a non-professional inspection and found only a couple minor things that need looked into. E got to see the house for the first time and A got to show him everything, LOL. They love the yard, the basement, the room they picked for theirs, the cool gas fireplace in the living room, even the master bathroom. Then we went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. Jas and I watched The Taking of Pelham 123. We both enjoyed it.

Sunday was a slow day for the most part, Jas got his call from work and packed up to leave, the boys and I left around the same time as he did and headed to the grocery store. Then we came home, ate some dinner, and got ready for bed.

Last week's menu for the most part was followed, there always seems to be a change though. Hopefully this week will be better...

Here's this week's menu. Nothing special and none to healthy but fairly easy and comfort food galore, at least to us!

Monday: Cheeseburgers, homemade french fries, sweet potato fries, baby carrots, cauliflower and broccoli with ranch dip

Tuesday: Lasagna (leftovers), garlic breadsticks that I forgot to make, salad

Wednesday: Frozen pizza or cheese hot dogs and mac and cheese or breakfast (boys' choice)

Thursday: Tacos (ground beef, refried beans, lettuce, cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa), salad, tortilla chips with salsa and cheese dip

Friday: Foil Southwestern chicken dinner (chicken breasts, white rice - may try mine with whole grain rice to see how it tastes?, chili powder, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, broccoli)

Saturday: Round steak w/beef gravy cooked in crockpot, egg noodles, green beans

Sunday: Breaded chicken patties, mashed potatoes w/gravy, corn
Go here for more ideas.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yum yum! I'm always hungry after reading your menu. ;)

I'll have to check out that movie. We've been watching a lot of them lately. We just watched "Yes Man". It was pretty good.

I'm so jealous you'll have a fireplace! Nice.:) Marshmallows, anyone?