blog background

Friday, July 18, 2008

I love...

the few gray hairs in your goatee and around your ears.
I love how you jiggle your big ol' belly for the kids just to make them laugh.
I love that even after a long week at work and going to a festival on a Friday night, you will give the kids a bath with just a look from me no questions asked.
I love how my knees turn to mush when you kiss me.
I love your beautiful hazel eyes.
I love how right now, when I go back to bed, you'll be sound asleep and snoring lightly and when I cuddle up to you, you'll wrap your arms around me.
I love that no matter how moody (and that's putting it nicely, lol) I am, you still love me for me.
I love that you are willing to work so hard so I can stay home with our boys just because I want to.
I love hearing your voice on the phone, and text messages sent at unexpected moments.
I love watching you play with the boys.
I love hearing about your day, even how your golf game went.
I love when I see that blue truck pull in the driveway after a long week, and I see my handsome, awesome, strong hero get out and walk through that door.
I love you, Jason.
And I love the beautiful children we have together. I wish we could do that again...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Okay, MY knees turned to mush just reading that!!! WOW!

Sharon said...

Crystal,
I think this was your best, most amazing post!
I found it to be very thought-provoking, too.

I give you so much credit, seeing Jason as little as you do right now. I don't think I could do it.
I'm glad the times you DO see each other are good times.

Andrea said...

Aww!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me how much I need to tell my husband "how" I love him, what I love about him, etc. Your words are an inspiration to me. God and His angels must be smiling at this act of love for your sweetheart. God's love and peace...