blog background

Friday, June 20, 2008

Here's our yard!!

DSCF0145 DSCF0146DSCF0147

Just a big pile of dirt, you say?

Well this is what it was...

backyard  backyard2 foundations2

Oh so much better now! I will take a big pile of dirt (and muddy mess) over cinder blocks and rusty metal posts any day!

So, yeah. The boys birthday party tomorrow should be great! except for one little thing... I'm freaking out!!! Not even close to having the cake done, the marshmallows aren't started, I need to go buy butter and vegetable oil for the other cake mix and the icing, the house is a mess, I have no clean clothes to wear tomorrow so I have to do laundry, the fruit isn't cut up and the meat and cheese trays aren't made up yet. But I did go to 4 different stores yesterday to buy the food and a bucket.

I know, so what am I doing writing on here instead of doing that stuff. Taking a break, plus the first cake is out of the oven. So after I'm done with this mornings posts, I will shower, put my clothes in the washer, get the boys ready and then head to the store for those two items I still need. When I get home my laundry will be done and get transferred and then I can make the other cake and the icing. While thats baking I'll make the marshmallows. They will set up while I'm cutting up the fruit, cleaning the house and getting the meat and cheese trays made. Then I will finish the marshmallows, cook dinner (oooh, we are having oven-roasted chicken tonight!) and fold my laundry. After the boys are in bed, I (and Jason) will frost and decorate the cake. Ok so now that I have a semi-plan, I feel better. Off to finish my posts and then do my schedule!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So what was the purpose of the cinder blocks and posts? So weird!

Unknown said...

Well, actually the lady that lived here from 1947 up till 2000(?) had her own greenhouse business, she had 3 greenhouses and sold lots of plants for years and years. She paid someone a few years back to remove the greenhouses but they didnt finish the job. the last people that lived here didnt have a chance I guess to finish it and then they lost the house about 1 1/2 years ago and we bought it 6 months ago. So yeah, thats the story behing that, lol.