blog background

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Construction cake, part 2

  Making the icing

I have 2 boxes of Dr. Oetker Organics organic icing mix. I got them a while ago at the local health food store. You just add butter and milk. Awesome and easy. Except for one thing. I bought 1 vanilla and 1 chocolate. So I may need to add cocoa to make it all dark enough. No biggie. Here's a couple of pics.DSCF0163

DSCF0166

Oh and just for fun, here's some pics of my 14 yr old nephew Jeremy. In the first two it show him cutting the tops off strawberries...DSCF0160 in mid-air!

DSCF0161

My poor mom was so worried he was gonna cut himself with that paring knife.

DSCF0159

Jeremy starts high school in the fall at one of the 4 local Catholic high schools and is going to be studying culinary arts. He wants to be a chef at the white house someday! Pretty cool, huh?

Oh and here's a cute one of my monkeysDSCF0150

Alex was getting ready to run for it, lol.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm taking major notes on all of this party stuff!! Thanks for posting! We used the Dr. Oetker's mixes for the caramel banana cream cake my bro and I made a couple of months ago and we really liked it!

:o)

Unknown said...

yeah, i'm definitely using that brand again. good flavor plus all natural and organic, can't beat it!