blog background

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

(This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law Marsha, who got it from Jason's grandma, Naomi. Its really yummy and creamy. I try to use reduced fat items, like 2% cheese, low or fat free sour cream etc.)

2-3 cups cooked chopped chicken breasts (buy already cooked, or parboil breasts till done then chop)
16 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets, thawed
8 oz sour cream
1 small can cream of chicken soup
1/2 to 1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 to 1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed(I always use Ritz because of their flavor, it may be good with a different brand)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place broccoli in an 8x10 in glass baking dish. Place chicken over broccoli. In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Spread mixture over chicken as evenly as possible. Sprinkle cheese generously over top of soup mixture (I always seem to use a lot, but we like cheese!). Cover cheese completely with crushed Ritz crackers. Cook in oven for 30-45 minutes, until hot. Enjoy!

We don't usually have anything with this because its so filling but I bet it would go nicely with rice or buttered pasta. Let me know if you try it.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

OMG, I've had this before. It was delicious! Although I think the person who made it used Velveeta. It was so good. Yum yum.
Thanks for posting the recipe!