Monday, May 7, 2007
Boys' baptism
Well, after a long journey (Jason and I getting married, having 2 boys, me going through RCIA and getting baptized into the Catholic faith at 25) we finally got our boys baptized yesterday! It was wonderful. Father Joe was so nice and funny. Ethan and Alex didn't cry when they were anointed with the chrism or baptized! They really don't like water in their eyes so I was a little nervous, but they knew it was special even at 4 and 2! Ethan did start crying a little after we put the special baptismal garment on him, it was a little big and he was upset about that. He is very sensitive about certain things, not sure why. When we were holding them and helping them hold their baptismal candles, Alex decided to blow his out a few seconds early! Father Joe chuckled when he realized but no big deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! You're on blogger! I'm so excited! And it's great to put a face with a name!! All the ladies in the group should have a blog! I'll tell Sharon to pop in and "check you out"--Your boys are ADORABLE!!
Congratulations! Welcome to the Church, Ethan & Alex! :)
You have a nice family. Great picture.
Jennifer told me about you and your blog. Nice to "meet" you. We should get together some time in real life. lol.
Which parish do you go to?
Oh how cute (picture)! Congratulations!
I'm Heather from the Stay At Home Catholic Mom's yahoogroup, btw.
Post a Comment